It is currently January 26th, 2022, 7:34 pm

Western Match Forum Boards!

Management reserves the right to edit or delete inappropriate postings.

Friend requests

Have a question? Ask a member.

Friend requests

Post by TkeChrgeKindaGy » March 19th, 2016, 12:25 am

Okay, I assume that when I get a friend request, from a particular female, there is interest.....so I gladly accept, but when I write them, I get no answer/reply.

Why would that be?

Re: Friend requests

Post by CowgirlIntrigue » March 19th, 2016, 9:20 pm

Your question could have endless answers on why she's looking for friends and doesn't respond to messages.

Perhaps it's just like Facebook or Twitter for her and she wants to add a bunch of friends for no other purpose than the numbers.

If she's not an upgraded member she's probably just window shopping and is unlikely interested in pursing a relationship here.

She might be in a relationship but wants to keep some guys on standby just in case things don't work out, and adds men she finds attractive to be friends so she doesn't have to search them out later.

Her computer broke.

She was in an accident and is in the hospital.

Does the woman who wants to be friends only have one photo? Women who love horses are going to have a photo of their horse on their profile, especially on this site which is all about a country lifestyle. If the profile has one photo of an attractive woman, no horse, it's probably a man sitting in an Internet cafe in Nigeria who's waiting awhile before getting back to you with their scam. Meanwhile has friended you to see if you send a message, and is preparing the script they'll use based on your response.

A woman who is interested in knowing more about you will send you a message. It's possible she might be checking out your interest first with a friend request and seeing what you do next. Accept the friend request and then forget it unless you hear back from her.

Post by CanyonRider » June 26th, 2016, 11:55 am

This is a common problem on dating sites. If you have a dog, take it with you to swap meets and feed stores etc. Makes for a great ice breaker. Also keep your eyes open to new people who have relocated to your area. I have found opportunity pops up when you least expect it.

Post by CanyonRider » July 4th, 2017, 11:43 pm

I believe you are being put on the back burner as a possibility, as they may want to look around some more . Who really knows? Ah! the games people play.

Post by TkeChrgeKindaGy » July 27th, 2017, 7:51 pm

CanyonRider wrote:I believe you are being put on the back burner as a possibility, as they may want to look around some more . Who really knows? Ah! the games people play.

@ CanyonRider - nooo sh/t, Lol. To be completely honest, I'm sick of the games.

Post by CanyonRider » August 29th, 2017, 10:47 pm

I have decided I am not going to waste any more time on this internet dating stuff. Tired of all the deception and scam artists, its not worth the time and/or the effort, So will be deleting my profile soon. I look at the happy endings post and there is none. I have better things to do.

Post by CanyonRider » September 2nd, 2017, 10:48 pm

A couple of things to ponder, experts say a person is generally compatible with about one in 25 people and people with similiar DNA (nationality or ancestoral) have the most sucessful relationships.

Post by TkeChrgeKindaGy » September 9th, 2017, 4:31 pm

CanyonRider wrote:A couple of things to ponder, experts say a person is generally compatible with about one in 25 people and people with similiar DNA (nationality or ancestoral) have the most sucessful relationships.

Wow!

Post by TkeChrgeKindaGy » September 9th, 2017, 4:36 pm

CanyonRider wrote:I have decided I am not going to waste any more time on this internet dating stuff. Tired of all the deception and scam artists, its not worth the time and/or the effort, So will be deleting my profile soon. I look at the happy endings post and there is none. I have better things to do.

A couple of things, I'm way past being sick & tired of is, is I'm sick & tired of the damn games and meanness on here. If your not interested in someone, WRITE them back and TELL them, rather than completely ignore them.

good answers

Post by Countrygirltrappedinthecity » September 12th, 2017, 8:03 pm

I have to agree with most of the answers not that I do that actually that happens to me, but I say what some have said move on don't sweat it, she will come along in time at least that's that I believe

Next

Return to Advice Column