It is currently August 21st, 2019, 1:19 am

Western Match Forum Boards!

Management reserves the right to edit or delete inappropriate postings.

Leasing horses?

Horse related topics.

Leasing horses?

Post by trailride » June 21st, 2016, 12:03 pm

It seems leasing horses instead of selling the horse has become the fad. Why is this?

Re: Leasing horses?

Post by mycorona » June 25th, 2016, 9:45 am

Because they can't sell them Trail... :0)

Re: Leasing horses?

Post by bootup » September 16th, 2016, 8:42 am

I always part lease a few of my horses at my barn in Las Vegas, NV. I never allow full leases or off my property.... yet, if ever
My horse have comfortable tack that fits well and is well used.

I do this because it relieves me of some feed expenses and teaches beginners and some great military family the ins and outs of ownership and responsibility before they buy their own. A lot of people rode in their youth and want to relearn and share the experience with their children. Some are empty nesters or just divorced and completing their bucket lists.

I have great access to my horses for giving lessons, barrel racing and trail riding with friends and observing weight and condition as I feed them.

I am able to work with a horse rescues and find them prospect to lease for free too, "the trial period" I do charge full board for these prospects and give lessons and discuss feed programs, tack and veterinary care.

I think it is wonderful to part lease mature, well trained horses and would recommend it highly to anyone. It really builds riding confidence and horse sense.

Return to Horse Talk