It is currently May 22nd, 2019, 2:23 am

Western Match Forum Boards!

Management reserves the right to edit or delete inappropriate postings.

Friend requests

Have a question? Ask a member.

Re: Friend requests

Post by CanyonRider » October 1st, 2017, 6:56 pm

Quote : A wise man once told me , do something to improve yourself and find someone along the same path. Weither you are successfull or not, you have done something to help yourself.

Post by rider515 » March 2nd, 2018, 11:26 am

CanyonRider wrote:I have decided I am not going to waste any more time on this internet dating stuff. Tired of all the deception and scam artists, its not worth the time and/or the effort, So will be deleting my profile soon. I look at the happy endings post and there is none. I have better things to do.

I hear you plane and clear, most folks on here are city slickers looking for a cheap thrill. Ugh.

Post by rider515 » March 2nd, 2018, 11:33 am

TkeChrgeKindaGy wrote:
CanyonRider wrote:I have decided I am not going to waste any more time on this internet dating stuff. Tired of all the deception and scam artists, its not worth the time and/or the effort, So will be deleting my profile soon. I look at the happy endings post and there is none. I have better things to do.

A couple of things, I'm way past being sick & tired of is, is I'm sick & tired of the damn games and meanness on here. If your not interested in someone, WRITE them back and TELL them, rather than completely ignore them.

I write back to all responders whether I'm interested or not..It's the polite thing to do.
I'd just be happy with a nice guy that is looking for a nice ole cowgirl, but living in a tiny town with the closest city 50mi away, most men won't travel a distance because the selection is much better in a high population city, pretty bummed here :(

Post by CanyonRider » March 9th, 2018, 11:01 am

If I might add , if you dont like where you live and you have the means to relocate elsewhere, it may be in your best interest to do so. I recently did just that and started meeting more people, friendlier people and now its just a matter of time when the move is finalized. I wont have to deal with these dating sites anymore. An old saying goes, if you do what you did you get what you got.

Post by CanyonRider » April 1st, 2019, 5:52 pm

I know people who have complained about the other person who was not interested because they say," You live to far away". What is to far away? My father drove to a neighboring state to court my mother. A round trip of about 500 miles. They were married over 50 years.

My sister met a man from North Carolina on a flight and she lives in AZ. He would commute whenever he could until he found a job in AZ. They have been married now for about 10 years.

In some situations an individual has a good reason for not being able to do a commute.
But an hour or two away? If someone is not even willing to do that, their not worth pursuing.

The internet makes it to easy because the next profile is just another click around the corner. Problem is after awhile you get stuck in an endless circle. You are going somewhere but getting nowhere.

Post by CanyonRider » April 15th, 2019, 3:40 pm

When you get a friend request and you accept and then you send a message and they NEVER reply you are probably being used IMO. (Some) people I believe are using friends request to make their profile look more appealing. Its as if their saying see how popular I am! Look at all my friends!
GENUINE friends communicate. Online OR off. Who really desires or needs a FAKE friend? They are a dime a dozen and a mill stone around your neck. Solution? Delete. Cut the ties and move on. Nobody deserves to be used in that manner.

Previous

Return to Advice Column